It is an arduous task to create a product, strategies, planning, sleepless nights, research, time and finances. Surprising but true, this product that you have worked so hard to put into the market may not be well marketed without proper packaging. To some consumers the product is as good as its packaging which means you have to toil harder to find the right packaging solution that will best describe your product to the customer.
The packaging of your product is supposed to represent the quality of your product, no matter how good your product is it need it be backed up by a solid retail packaging solution that will make even the marketing easier because the package will speak for itself. It should be captivating and draw attention away from all the other similar products on the shelves.
THERE IS COMPETITION OUT THERE:
Your product will probably be competing with other already established products out there on the shelves, while the huge companies may be favored by high packaging budgets, you may have to be creative and think outside the box and come up with a packaging solution that will be appealing and be able to withstand competition.
- Consider an EXPLODING Brand Name: Name your product with a resounding name; this goes a long way in the future. Other products from your company will make an easy entry into the market because your brand will already be a household name.
- Use of Color: Color is one of the basic qualities of packaging yet because it represents the product to the customer and the effect you want to create on your product. For example if your product is something edible you might want to use warm friendly colors that will attract attention and if you want to represent boldness and sophistication consider dark solid colors or ice blue.
- Be Simple: Get inspired by nature and your surroundings while creating a package, there is a mystery of nature that works well in captivating the human mind.
- Think Of Your Targeted Market: When you have already have a target group for your product it is easy to create something that will captivate them and make them remain loyal to you.
- Incorporate style: you do not want to package your product in a way that it looks so old school when it is on the shelves, be trendy and strategize on redesigning every now and then to keep up with the market.
While considering the right packaging solution you have to ask some questions.
- Is the packaging grabbing attention?
- Is it communicating the right message?
- Does it have a personality? If it does:
- What does it represent?
You do not want your products to remain tucked on the shelves and only get removed because the expiry date is due, you would like your efforts to pay off well by getting the right packaging solution that will just sell the product without any fuss which is why packaging is a serious business.